[Frameworks] New Norwegian Super 8 camera to debut in 2014

Nicholas Kovats nkovats at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 15:52:23 UTC 2013

A newly engineered Super 8 camera is set to debut in the spring of
2014. You read correctly. The first one in approximately 32 years.
Developed by a Norwegian team represented by Lasse Roedtnes who has
been posting updates with pictures on the cinematography forum.
Metal/carbonate body with C-Mount and a manual threading path! In fact
we initially thought they had copied the famous innards of the
legendary Mekel Engineering SP-1 Super 8 camera. No optical
viewfinder. Electronic only. Onboard digital audio recorder. Firmware
upgrades.

They will be soon launching a pre-order for the first ten cameras on
Indegogo. Anticipated price is 2,695$ USD. We suspect that the first
batch will be snapped up quickly by rental houses.

Analog film keeps punching holes in the digital religion.

Here is Lasse's latest post with a picture of the prototype, i.e.
http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=60409&page=15. I
have compiled an album with 8x photos of the prototype on my public
UltraPan8 Facebook page, i.e.
https://www.facebook.com/UltraPan8WidescreenFilm