[Frameworks] MONO NO AWARE VII - Full Program announcement/invitation

steve cossman stevecossman at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 14 19:53:35 UTC 2013

Frameworkers,

 It is with great positivity that I would like to invite you to join us here in Brooklyn, NY for MONO NO AWARE VII.

 MONO NO AWARE VII exhibits work that is one part live
celluloid projection, and one part live performance element, placing the focus
on the connectivity of the cinematic experience.  With the increase of media
and devices (cell phones, laptops, even taxicabs have streaming video!) the
viewing experience has become singular and passive.  Our annual program
is counter-culture to the accessibility of digital media emphasizing connectivity through cinema.

 In
2012 our sixth annual event presented 14 unique works attracting an audience of
over 550 at LightSpace Studios in Bushwick.  This year we'll present 17
works over the course of 2 nights by 25 international artists who incorporate
Super 8mm, 16mm, 35mm, and altered light into performance, installation and
sculpture.

2013 Participating filmmakers include: JULIETTE
 DUMAS (BROOKLYN, NY) + CHARLOTTE BECKET (BROOKLYN, NY) + JAE SONG
(BROOKLYN, NY) + MARK STREET (BROOKLYN, NY) + JOEL SCHLEMOWITZ
(BROOKLYN, NY) + JODIE MACK (LEBANON, NH) + MIKE MORRIS (DALLAS, TX) +
BRITTANY GRAVELY (BOSTON, MA) & KENNETH LINEHAN (PROVIDENCE, RI) +
BRUCE McCLURE (BROOKLYN, NY) + MARY STARK (MANCHESTER, UK) + MIKE
FLEMING (ALFRED, NY) + CHRIS BERNTSEN & NICK KLEIN (BROOKLYN, NY) +
ELISEO ORTIZ (BUFFALO, NY) + KURT RALSKE, MIRIAM ATKIN & DANIEL
CARTER (BROOKLYN, NY) + LAURA BARTCZAK, PAIGE FREDLUND & MARK
DEMOLAR (BROOKLYN, NY) + MARGARET RORISON (BALTIMORE, MD) & JOSH
MILLROD (BROOKLYN, NY) + SYLVAIN CHAUSSÉE & ADRIAN COOKE (TORONTO,
CANADA)
 In addition to the program itself, we've also got a great line-up of
DJs (Sal P of Liquid Liquid, Jan Woo of Vibes Management), a host of delicious beverages/snacks
from our sponsors (David Lynch's Organic Coffee, Brooklyn Brewery, Route 11
chips ) and amazing raffle items from Impossible Project and Lomography!

 The event is December 6th & 7th beginning at 7 pm both nights.

 It's FREE to attend, and will be hosted by LightSpace Studios 1115
Flushing Ave (Morgan L, Myrtle JMZ).

The FULL PROGRAM with artist
biographies, film descriptions, and more is available here: http://mononoawarefilm.com/event/mna-2013/
We all hope that you can make it out,

Steve Cossman
WWW.MONONOAWAREFILM.COM

MONO NO AWARE VII - PROGRAM ANNOUNCED OFFICIAL PROGRAM HERE

VISIT OUR SPONSORS PAGE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PARTNERS

-
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Mono No Aware is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization.
Contributions for the purposes of Mono No Aware must be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.