[Frameworks] films/videos using/made up of text

Valerie Soe vsoe at sfsu.edu
Mon Nov 18 18:59:06 UTC 2013

If it's okay I'll toot my own horn and list a few of my own titles:

Picturing Oriental Girls: A (Re) Educational Videotape (1992)
Snapshot: Six Months of the Korean American Male (2008)
Subject Memory: Valencia Street (2009)
The Chinese Gardens (2012)

Let me know if you need more info!

v.

On 11/18/13 4:06 AM, Brigitta Burger-Utzer wrote:
> Dear Shelly,
>
> my suggestions for such a list with films made by women,
>
> Valie Export
> i turn over the pictures of my voice in my head (2009)
> Syntagma (1984)
> Body Tape (1970)
>
> Linda Christanell
> Meomsa (43 min)
>
> KLUB ZWEI
> Black and White - The Back of the Images (A/GB2003)
>
> and of course fo the poets
>
> A. Balch / W.S. Burroughs - THE CUT UPS (19 min. / UK 1966)
>
> best wishes for your project,
> Brigitta
>
>> dear collective knowledge base folks:
> i'm compiling a list of works using
>> text/made up of text.  i'm especially interested in works by women.
> thank
>> you!
> best,
> shelly
> FrameWorks
>> mailing
>> list
> FrameWorks at jonasmekasfilms.com
> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listi
>> nfo/frameworks

> Brigitta Burger-Utzer
> Geschäftsführerin / Managing Director
>
> sixpackfilm
> Neubaugasse 45/13
> A - 1070 Wien
>
> Tel.:+43-1-526 09 90/13
> Fax :+43-1-526 09 92
> e-mail: brigitta at sixpackfilm.com
> www.sixpackfilm.com
> www.index-dvd.at

Valerie Soe
Associate Professor
Asian American Studies Department
San Francisco State University
1600 Holloway Ave, EP 103
San Francisco CA 94132
+1 415/810-1946
vsoe at sfsu.edu

Yeah, I'm Chinese--and what?

--Jin

Read the blog!
winner of a Warhol Foundation/Creative Capital Art Writer's Grant
www.beyondasiaphilia.com

Learn about the movies!
www.thechinesegardens.com
www.theoakparkstory.com