[Frameworks] sand animation

Tess Martin tessmartin at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 13:13:51 UTC 2013

I love Cesar Diaz's video No Corras Tanto:

https://vimeo.com/3214560

I think it's a masterpiece. There is also a really interesting making of on vimeo.

Corrie Francis Parks also has a new sand + compositing film I love called A Tangled Tale:

https://vimeo.com/78802560

I also recently saw a French film at the Klik festival called Braise, by Hugo Frassetto which was all sand and had some amazing camera moves (which I suspect had the aid of After Effects of some other program). It also has a racy sex scene at the end, so keep that in mind if showing kids. But I think this excerpt (sans sex scene) is all you can find online anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvDyv3sBb7Q

And finally, I made a short called Hula Hoop:

https://vimeo.com/37871728

And I also made some sand sequence for the documentary Barzan and you can see snippets of them in the trailer (and stills) here:

http://www.tessmartinart.com/?cat=155

Would love to see your final list as well!
-tess

www.tessmartinart.com
www.vimeo.com/tessmartin