[Frameworks] Found Soundtrack Films

Mark Toscano fiddybop at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 15:59:24 UTC 2013

I think what Albert's asking for are films that utilize a more or less intact found soundtrack, rather than a collaged soundtrack that includes found sound segments.

Lipsett, Pat O'Neill, and plenty of other artists have made some exciting use of collaged found elements, but I'd also love to hear some other examples of what Albert's looking for.

mark t

PS Maybe it's just delayed, but I didn't see my response come in to the listserv. I had thought of James Benning's UTOPIA, John Smith's LOST SOUND, and Chris Langdon's PICASSO. I think there's at least one Mark LaPore film that makes extensive use of a pre-existing soundtrack, but can't recall which one at the moment...