[Frameworks] abstraction and politics

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Mon Oct 7 16:56:56 UTC 2013

Of course, Brakhage, and of course, "23rd Psalm Branch." I have also
argued, for example in my liner notes  for the Criterion DVD, that his
work as a whole constitutes an argument against our object-oriented,
commodified, static, consumerist culture. This to me is arguably a
profounder statement than a film that takes a particular position on a
particular issue of the day.

In his remarks at the premiere of "The Text of Light," published in
several sources, he talks about opposing the typical American view of
landscape as real estate, something to be divided up and bought and
sold.

Fred Camper
Camper