[Frameworks] getting through airport x-ray

olivia ciummo oliviaciummo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 23:01:09 UTC 2013

Hello Peter,

Counties in the EU and Asia (not sure where you are going) ask that you
write a letter of request to the director of security at the airport. This
is what was told to me in France, Portugal, Japan and others. I never took
part in it and just let the film pass through the xrays. The US, has been
the only country that would let me have the cans "swabbed" so to avoid
xray. Might be best just to mail it.

good luck,olivia

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Peter Hofstad <ifififmag at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm traveling internationally with a bolex and 16mm film at the end of
> this month. Any advice you have about getting through airport
> security/customs intact would be appreciated.
>
> Specifically I'm worried about the x-ray machines/ light exposure on the
> film.Once I shoot over there, what's the best way to bring it back? Would
> it be safer to mail it back the states?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter W. Hofstad

oliviaciummo.com