[Frameworks] Ronald Nameth's Exploding Plastic Inevitable

Eric Theise erictheise at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 19:53:54 UTC 2013

Hi Stefan,

I spent a few days at the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh about a year ago. My
recollection is of Greg Pierce telling me that Nameth had pulled all
exhibition prints of EPI, and that he was planning a fundamentally new,
drastically recut project. This was in the context of offering to show me
peripheral works (on VHS) that would be difficult to see outside of a media
collection.

We showed the film several times in the Experimental Film Coalition
screening series at Randolph St Gallery in Chicago back in the mid-to-late
1980s, and I have my own VHS copy of it, so I didn't take him up on his
offer, but if you're not finding prints in expected places, that may be why.

I hope you'll post back with what you eventually find.

--Eric

P.S. Always amused that the closing titles credited "John Cahill", if
memory serves.