[Frameworks] Experimental Film and Expanded Cinema in Argentina?

Pablo Marin pamarin82 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 8 04:24:59 UTC 2013

Dear Jonathan,

My name is Pablo Marín, filmmaker and writer from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and since the past decade I have been working, writing and curating within the field of experimental film here in Argentina. Most of the stuff I wrote is in Spanish, although i'm glad to say a great deal of it -the most important texts- have been translated into English.

Recently I curated and toured with Argentine films from the past & present. And I'm glad to say this tour will take me to Chicago next October, and Toronto (and possibly Colorado) next January. Anyway, here I copy some links and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Chicago show's (upcoming):
http://www.saic.edu/cate/ currentschedule/ghost- anthology.html

http://chicago8fest.org/

Spain show (last June):
http://www.s8cinema.com/ portal/en/edicion-2013/ vanguardias/antolog%C3%ADa- fantasma-cine-experimental- argentino/

Narcisa Hirsch's Catalog (one of the local pioneers, including a text of mine about her Come Out and Taller as the birth of local structural film):

http://www.asaeca.org/pubext. php?id=31

some dvds & blu-rays edited in New York in which I worked as curator/writer (includes essays in English):
http://antennaecollection.com/ Dialectica.html

http://antennaecollection.com/ Experimental.html

http://antennaecollection.com/ honik.html

my blog:
http://laregioncentral. blogspot.com.ar/

In addition to all this, I heard that San Francisco based Federico Windhausen (born in Argentina) is writing a piece on Experimental film/Expanded cinema in Buenos Aires for MIRAJ.

With best wishes,
Pablo Marín.