[Frameworks] Fees for music rights.

Alistair Stray alistair.stray at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 11:42:27 UTC 2013

If its a non-commercial work there are plenty of netlabels and artists
around releasing music under creative commons licences BY-NC and either (SA
or ND). Free if credited basically, it's a 'some rights reserved' licence
that allows for the kind of use you need and the distribution too. You
could try searching by netlabel and the genre, but it is going to be
difficult to find what you need. You could approach an artist who normally
releases under CC licence whose work 'fits' and ask them if they would be
interested in contributing a piece. I have been releasing music under CC
licences through netlabels for a good few years myself, there are a hell of
a lot of us about tbh.

-Stray.