[Frameworks] HASENHERZ N°12 Helga Fanderl

Anderwald Grond contact at anderwald-grond.at
Fri Sep 20 08:03:37 UTC 2013

After summer break HASENHERZ brings you the fantastic films by Helga Fanderl.

Don't miss it. Helga Fanderl will be here, too.

http://www.hasenherz.at

Kulturzentrum bei den Minoriten, Graz
Mariahilferplatz 3, 8020 Graz, Austria
Saturday, September 28, 2013  11 a.m.

German-born and Paris-based filmmaker Helga Fanderl has been making Super-8 films since the mid 1980s. The films show what’s happening in front of the camera as well as the simultaneous logical process of its transformation by using the chronology of the event as cinematographic writing. "With the Super-8 camera I can react very quickly: the eye against the viewfinder, the camera close to the body, perceiving and filming simultaneously." Since 1990 her work is represented in film museums, museums of modern and contemporary art, exhibition spaces, galleries, art house cinemas, and other locations: Deutsches Filmmuseum, Frankfurt; Arsenal, Berlin; Portikus, Frankfurt, Museum für Zeitgenössische Kunst, Basel; Anthology Film Archives, New York; Centre genevois de gravure contemporaine, Geneva; Musée d’Art moderne, Strasbourg; Kunsthalle Bielefeld; Schirn Kunsthalle, Frankfurt; Centre Wallonie de Bruxelles, Paris; The New York Public Library, Centre Culturel Suisse, Paris; Babylon Mitte, Berlin; Cineteca di Bologna and more.

Since January 2012 the artists Ruth Anderwald + Leonhard Grond have been curating a monthly screening and discussion series. This series is inspired by Arnold Schönberg, who created the Society for Private Musical Performances in 1918 in Mödling, Austria. At their meetings, works would be performed, discussed, and then performed again, with the intention of making performances of newly-composed music more comprehensible. Ruth Anderwald + Leonhard Grond use this very method to encourage a more complete understanding of experimental films and videos. If the artists whose work is being shown, are not present, they can be cut into the discussion via skype. http://www.hasenherz.at

»Dear Ruth and Leo, This is to let you know that I found my HASENHERZ experience to be most productive and stimulating. The idea of viewing, dicussing then re-viewing a filmmaker's film is excellent and that I know of, not done anywhere else. Good luck! I hope the series continues for a long time. Best,
Vivian Ostrovsky«

The most important thing that has to be attempted is, on the one hand, to maintain the conversation–if nothing else,
about art–and on the other hand, not to allow such an experiment to end in chatter.
HASENHERZ has understood this–may the exercise succeed!  Franz Schuh