[Frameworks] Literature and experimental film

Heath Iverson hai at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sun Sep 29 09:07:49 UTC 2013

I neglected to mention any British filmmakers in my first response. There's
Derek Jarman's poetry in *The Garden*. Jarman's cottage, which appears in
the film, is decorated John Donne's "The Sun Rising," though I can't
remember if this is legible in the film.  Also, you might want to consider
some of English writer Iain Sinclairs's collaborations with various British
experimental filmmakers such as Chris Petit, Emily Richardson, and Andrew
Kotting. Also, William Raban's *Thames Film* is loosely structured around
excepts from T.S. Eliot's *Four Quartets.

*
I'm really enjoying this thread!

Heath* *

--