[Frameworks] Films about remediation

Beebe, Roger W. beebe.77 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 2 19:39:58 UTC 2014

Just had another thought about remediation, although one that moves in a slightly different direction than the previous posts.  I was thinking about the history of Kinescope recordings, where live TV would be shot on film off of a video monitor prior to the introduction of videotape (and, in certain circumstances and geographical regions, significantly after that as well).  I remember the first time I saw one of these films, I was confused by the feeling that there was an extra screen inside the screen.  (I think it was the slight reflection off the glass of the monitor that tipped me off.)  There are decades of such recordings out there, some fairly significant.  Not sure if this would fit in with your programming, but I still thought I'd share.

Roger