[Frameworks] 21st Chicago Underground Film Festival award winners

Bryan Wendorf bryan.wendorf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 17:43:44 UTC 2014

The 21st Chicago Underground Film Festival came to an end on Sunday April 6
with an award ceremony held at the Hairpin Arts Center in Chicago.

The jury was composed of Allison Cuddy (WBEZ Radio), Brian Chankin (Odd
Obsession Video) and Mike Everleth (Undergroundfilmjournal.com). As inother
recent years the jury were instructed to select 6 awards to be given in
whatever categories/criteria they saw fit. Additionally a "Made in Chicago"
award was selected from all films made by local filmmakers and an "Audience
Choice" award. The jury also were able to name as many honorable mentions
as they chose.

Filmmakers were awarded handmade dolls in the likenesses of classic
underground filmmakers designed by Theresa Vishnevetskya

<http://cuff.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/10003328_10152357606454271_1371411783_n.jpg>

Jorge Torres-Torres, Ignatiy Vishnevetsky, Jeremy Besoff holding Shirley
Clark, Marie Menken and Gorge Kuchar

The Chicago Underground Film Festival is proud to announce the award
winners for CUFF 2014:

*Jury Awards*

* "What thrilled us the most about our award selections this year is the
uneasy and near impossible categorization of the films we've chosen. This
was a puzzling -- in every good sense of that word -- edition of the
festival." - Jury statement read by Mike Everleth*

*Best Picture*
Dream Town - Adrian Briscoe

*Best Animation *Another Song About the Sea - Jeremy Besoff

*Best Experimental*
Reckoning 3 - Kent Lambert

*Best Short*
A Million Miles Away - Jennifer Reeder

*Best Looking Film *Red Luck - Mike Olenick

*Best Rom Com *Home Near Water - Christopher Lange

*Made in Chicago *Elle Lumme - Ignatiy Vishnevetsky

*Best Documentary(-ish) *Shadow Zombie - Jorge Torres-Torres

*Honorable Mentions *Salad Zone - Sarah Abu Abdallah
Historia Calamitatum (The Story of My Misfortunes), Part II: The Crying
Game - Roger Beebe
When My Sorrow Died: The Legend of Armen Ra & the Theremin - Robert Nazar
Arjoyan
Who Took Johnny - Michael Galinsky, Suki Hawley and David Beilinson
What I Love About Concrete - Katherine Dohan, Alanna Stewart
Secret Film - Mystery Director
Do Voices - Jesse Malmed
Burrow Cams - Sam Easterman
East of Hell - Matthieu Canaguier
Migraine and Michael: A Love Story - Adrian Goodman
American Arab - Usama Alshaibi

*Audience Award*
Master-Wind - Simon Quéheillard

Thanks to the jury, the filmmakers, GlitterGuts mobile photobooth, and
everyone else who was a part of the 21st Annual Chicago Underground Film
Festival!

Bryan Wendorf
Programmer and Artistic Director
Chicago Underground Film Festival