[Frameworks] animals and human-animal relationships on film

Tess Takahashi tess.takahashi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 16:34:07 UTC 2014

Many films by Rebecca Meyers - Night Light and Leaping, Lions and Tigers
and Bears, Murmurations, among others.

http://theworldviewed.com/files/2011/04/Meyers-EMS-booklet.pdf

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Tara Nelson <brendamerenda at gmail.com>wrote:

> One Species Removed by Jennifer Montgomery
>

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Herb Shellenberger <HerbS at ihphilly.org>wrote:
>
>>  Elegia (Zoltan Huszarik, 1965, Hungary, warning: animal death)
>>
>> Gibralter (Margaret Salmon, 2013, UK)
>>
>> Birds at Sunrise (Joyce Wieland, 1986, Canada)
>>
>> Una Furtiva Lagrima (Carlo Vogele, 2012, US)
>>
>> Proxyhawks (Jack Darcus, 1971, Canada)
>>
>> Phase IV (Saul Bass, 1974, US)
>>
>> Kes (Ken Loach, 1969, UK)
>>
>> Compound Eyes series by Paul Clipson (2011, US)
>>

>> Plenty Chris Marker films/videos
>>

>> And how about some early cinema like:
>>
>> Boxing Kangaroo (Max Skladanowsky, 1895, Germany)
>>
>> Falling Cat (Etienne-Jules Marey, 1890, France)
>>
>> Edison Boxing Cats (Dickson, 1894, US)
>>

>> *Herb Shellenberger*
>> *Programs Office Manager*
>> [image: cid:image001.jpg at 01CE5258.78B1F010]
>> 3701 CHESTNUT STREET | PHILADELPHIA, PA 19104
>> phone: 215.895.6575   |  fax: 215.895.6562
>> email: herbs at ihphilly.org | web: www.ihousephilly.org

Tess Takahashi
Assistant Professor
Department of Film, Room 217
Centre for Film and Theatre
York University
Toronto, Ontario  M3J 1P3
Canada

Editorial Collective
CAMERA OBSCURA: FEMINISM, CULTURE, AND MEDIA STUDIES

Canadian ph: 647-521-5031
US ph:440-774-5021