[Frameworks] animals and human-animal relationships on film

David Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:49:16 UTC 2014

A friend from my days of yearly attendance at UFVA, Mark Von Schlemmer, is an animal-rights/vegan-diet activist and has made several pro-animal/anti-slaughter films you can find on his YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/vonSchlemmer

From the individual videos, YouTube will lead you to other related pieces.

--------

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned William Wegman's dog videos, especially "Man Ray's Spelling Lesson".

--------

Woody Allen's "Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex..." is divided into chapters, each of which is a different genre parody. The take-off on "L-Shaped Room" infidelity melodrama features Gene Wilder having a doomed affair with a sheep.

---------

"Ain't We Having Fun" Chuck Statler (greatest documentary short ever, IMHO)

"Meat" Fred Wiseman

"Cane Toads"