[Frameworks] Kodak black leader discontinued

Caryn Cline carynycline at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:54:00 UTC 2014

Check out Urbanski film <http://www.urbanskifilm.com/> in Chicago.  I
bought black leader from them in February: they list

* - 16mm Opaque Black Leader Acetate (actual processed film) -Special
Price. Per 100foot. Great for ends of films, extending fade outs, "scratch"
experimental film making...no light shines through.. $18 (1/2 lb)- 16mm
Opaque Black Leader Acetate (actual processed film)-Special Price. Per
1000foot. $140 (4 lb)Best,CC*

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:38 AM, 40 Frames <info at 40frames.org> wrote:

> I suppose this is old news by now, but discontinued in March...
>
> http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploadedFiles/PCN030214_Q.pdf
>
> 6-mil Kodak Opaque Black Acetate Leaders... in all formats.
>
> I am aware that the magnetic film Kodak carries is made by Pyral, however
> I am surprised to see 16mm magnetic film
> stay in the catalogue longer than all formats of black leader.
>
> I haven't looked around much yet, but I suppose ORWO still carries black
> leader... who else?
>

> Alain
>

> --
> 40 FRAMES