[Frameworks] Optical Sound - filter

Roger Wilson rogerdwilson at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 25 20:01:29 UTC 2014

Ok I'm not a sound guy but I think this is just an audio filter used to improve the signal to noise ratio. Did you have a final sound mix completed on the sound track for the film? I think your sound designer/final mixer would have taken this into account but you should check. I create my own sound designs for my films but then have a professional sound tech do the final sound mix and prep it for optical print.
Hope this helps some!

Roger D. WilsonFilm Scientist613 324 - 7504rogerdwilson at sympatico.cahttp://www.rogerdwilson.ca
Without failure you can never achieve success. I have based my process and my career as an experimental film artist on this statement; and I welcome it as it pushes me forward as an artist to try something different, something new.

I have had a number of optical tracks created over the years and have never had the lab (Skylight Studios in Toronto) make this request. Is it a 16mm mono track or 35mm?

Roger D. Wilson

Film Scientist613 324 - 7504

rogerdwilson at sympatico.ca

http://www.rogerdwilson.ca