[Frameworks] times for dektol and 7363

Chris G spydir at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 18:08:13 UTC 2014

Hi Erin,

7363 is orthochromatic and is process until completion, so you can't *really* overprocess it. It is extremely forgiving in terms of time and temperature. I'd recommend processing under a safelight so you can watch the process. Using a paper developer such as Dektol will afford you a wider range of tones/greys over film developers and is a great way to play with the stock. D-19 is a high-contrast developer and will typically give you black or white with little in between. Usually I process short strands (40'/12m or less) of 7363 in trays or buckets with paper developer and a safelight until it looks "done." Guessing around 5-6 minutes at 68F/20C. I've honestly never checked the time but have had a lot of success with this method.

Cheers,
Christopher Gorski