[Frameworks] times for dektol and 7363

Robert Schaller robert at ontosmedia.com
Wed Aug 6 16:24:24 UTC 2014

I found that if you dilute Dektol 1:4 (that is,
200ml of full strength Dektol mixed with 800ml
water), and process 7363 for 90s @20°C, it makes
a pretty good continuous tone, i.e., not high
contrast developer, suitible for making
negatives that are to be printed from.

D19 or stronger Dektol produces a Dmax and gamma
that are suitable for projection, but too
contrasty for a "normal" negative that needs to
be printed from.