[Frameworks] cat films

r e roeenney at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 16:04:45 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Via Anthology's cat film program a couple years ago:

CHAT D’OEUVRES, PROGRAM 1, 2 & 3
This screening is part of: CHAT D'OEUVRES, PART DEUX

Film Notes
Contemporary Artist Program:
Sam Anderson – DYING CAT (2011, ca. 7 minutes)
Michel Auder – CAT PIECES (2011, 5 minutes)
Agnès b. - 2000-YEAR-OLD CAT (2010, 1 min 15 sec)
Pola Chapelle – HOW TO DRAW A CAT (1973, 3 minutes)
Lynn Christoffers – THE LONG TAKE – PRISCILLA IN LOBSTERVILLE (1998, 8
minutes)
Brigitte Cornand – [UNTITLED] (2011, 2.5 minutes)
Anne Deleporte – FELIS CATUS (2011, 1.5 minutes)
Tracey Emin – BABY STRANGE (2011, 1 minute)
Paul-Armand Gette – THE CAT GIRL (2011, 2.5 minutes)
Eleanor Hubbard – ART IMITATES CAT (2011, 4.5 minutes)
Joan Jonas – PHILOSOPHER'S WALK (2011, 2.5 minutes)
Jonas Mekas – LIFE, LOVE AND DEATH OF MAXI (2011, 20 minutes)
Carolee Schneemann – MYSTERIES OF THE PUSSIES (1998, 6 minutes)
Rob Wynne – BABY (2011, 1 minute)

20th Century Artist Program:
Joseph Cornell – A LEGEND FOR FOUNTAINS (1957/65, 17 minutes)
Andy Warhol – EAT (1963, 35 minutes)
Elizabeth Fuller Chapman, aka Bobsy Goodspeed – historic footage with
Calder, Duchamp, Matisse, Mondrian…
COMMENT VIVRE SANS CHAT / HOW TO LIVE WITH NO CAT (1982, 11 minutes,
episode of the tv program "30 Million Friends" with the painter Leonor Fini)
Pierre Jallaud – VERONIQUE AND THE CAT (1964, ca. 15 minutes, with Delphine
Seyrig)

Feature Film Program:
Miranda July's THE FUTURE (2011, 91 minutes)
When a couple decides to adopt a stray cat their perspective on life
changes radically, literally altering the course of time and space and
testing their faith in each other and themselves.

Plus:

Jacques Tourneur
CAT PEOPLE
1942, 73 minutes, 35mm

And another Cat Program Anthology did in three parts:

Stan Brakhage NIGHTCATS (1956, 8 minutes, 16mm)
Stan Brakhage CAT’S CRADLE (1959, 6 minutes, 16mm)
Stan Brakhage PASHT (1965, 5 minutes, 16mm)
Stan Brakhage MAX (2002, 4 minutes, 16mm)
Pola Chapelle INTERCAT ’69 (1969, 15-minute excerpt, 16mm)
Alexander Hammid & Maya Deren THE PRIVATE LIFE OF A CAT (1944, 22 minutes,
16mm)
Joyce Wieland CATFOOD (1968, 13 minutes, 16mm)

Samantha Anderson NOBODY REALLY LIKES SURPRISES (2009, 8 minutes, video)
Michel Auder CHELSEA CATS (2009, 5 minutes, video)
Martha Colburn CATS AMORE (2001, 2.5 minutes, 16mm)
Annette Messager ONLY MY CAT UNDERSTANDS ME (2009, 3 minutes, video)
Tania Mouraud CATS AND DOGS (2007, 1.5 minutes, video)
Brigitte Cornand CHATBIRD (2009, 4 minutes, video)
Tracey Emin SHOWING ME THE WAY TO HEAVEN (2009, 3 minutes, video)
Ernst Caramelle UNTITLED CAT (2009, 1 minute, video)
Nancy Holt KARUNA (2009, 4 minutes, video)
Jonas Mekas FATHER AND DAUGHTER (2003, 3 minutes, video) + FATHER AND
DAUGHTER, (2007, 10 minutes, video)
Carolee Schneemann FUSES (1964-66, 30 minutes, 16mm)
Carolee Schneemann INFINITY KISSES – THE MOVIE (2008, 9 minutes, video)
Carolee Schneemann VESPER’S POOL (1999-2000, 8 minutes, video)
Su-Mei Tse & Jean-Lou Majerus EASY DANCING (2001, 2.5 minutes, video)
Rob Wynne 1975 (1975 - 2009, 1 minute, video)
David Weiss & Peter Fischli KITTY / BÜSI (2001, 6 minutes, video)

Chris Marker
THE CASE OF THE GRINNING CAT / CHATS PERCHÉS
2004, 58 minutes, video.

And panther's are cats right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMiRxq12Fx0
:)

Plus:

THE CASSANDRA CAT
by VOJTECH JASNY

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Francisco Torres <fjtorrespr at gmail.com>
wrote:

> here kitty...
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo0c8FnjW0k

> Bell Book and Candle,
>>
>> The Incredible Journey (Disney film abut three pets on a 200 mile
>> journey. Includes a swimming siamese cat).
>>
>> Nicky.

Everyone's got a right to be a damn fool.
*Je veux que je veux.*