[Frameworks] Super 8 camera BROKE!!!!!

Buck Bito - Movette buck at movettefilm.com
Wed Aug 20 23:10:07 UTC 2014

As I recall, seizing cartridges were a big problem when Ektachrome 100D
was first introduced and we even had a client who became so frustrated
that she threw her (admittedly crappy) camera in the Pacific when she
blamed it for ruining the shoot only to have the same problem with that
cartridge when a friend brought a loaner camera. There were a lot of posts
about this on filmshooting a few years ago and one suggested solution was
to smack the cartridge on a hard surface a couple of times to un-seize it.
Also, if you froze or refrigerated your cartridges things can get sticky
inside due to condensation when brought into a humid environment.
It has been suggested that cartridges should be removed from a
refrigerator a day or two prior to shooting to allow time to equalize...
-Good luck!
---Buck Bito

Lawrence "Buck" Bito
Movette Film Transfer