[Frameworks] Largest purchaser of Kodak 16mm film stock, NFL Films, has switched to digital production

Adam Hyman adam at lafilmforum.org
Mon Aug 25 19:11:56 UTC 2014

That link doesn't work for the NY Times article - it has holes...

On 8/25/14 7:51 AM, "Nicholas Kovats" <nkovats at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regrettably, NFL fims has decided to switch completely to digital
production
> and have purchased 30 new digital Arriflex Amira cameras.
Up until recently
> they were Kodak's largest customer of 16mm stock for
the last 50 years. They
> have their own immense state of the art
archive, and lab. Up until recently
> they were also processing film for
students. They have over 100 million feet
> of 16mm film in their
archives predominately shot with the legendary
> Photo-Sonics
Actionmaster 500 camera (24-500fps). I have yet to test
> mine,
http://www.highspeedfilm.de/16_am500.html

Here is the article from the
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/14/sport ...
> .html?_r=1

"Within the headquarters of NFL Films in Mount Laurel, N.J.,
> resides
more than 100 million feet of film stored in tens of thousands
> of
metal
> canisters."
FrameWorks mailing