[Frameworks] Fw: Your removal from the AMIA-L list

elizabeth mcmahon elizmcmahon at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 00:24:03 UTC 2014

Pip,

I was kicked off of AMIA's listserv, too. This is the email I received. Yahoo is the culprit, though they will blame the administrators. BS! I have switched to gmail and so far, so good. Finger's crossed. If you search Yahoo's help section, you will find many pissed off people having the same problem with their Yahoo acct. Here was Yahoo's lame response (the first one is much longer, but this will suffice):
i Elizabeth,

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Mail.

If the issue persists, the best solution is to contact the mail system administrator or postmaster of the listserv, with which you are experiencing the issue

We recently changed our DMARC policy to proactively protect our users from increasing email spam that uses Yahoo users’ email addresses from other mail servers. This is an important step to secure our users’ email identities from being used by unauthorized senders. It also interferes with some long-standing uses of identities that are authorized by the user but not verifiable.
By publishing a “p=reject” record, Yahoo tells other DMARC compliant systems to reject mail from Yahoo users that isn’t genuinely originated from a Yahoo server.
Thank you again for contacting Yahoo Mail.

Real helpful, huh? If you want the first one, I would be happy to send it. But basically Yahoo bounces all listserv emails now, for no discernible reason. Thanks Marissa Mayer.

Elizabeth