[Frameworks] capturing HDMI with FCP

Chris G spydir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:05:37 UTC 2014

BlackMagic discontinued support for FC/FCP in Media Express several releases ago (over a year). You can try and download an older version (check the release notes for supported programs) from BlackMagic, but it may tell you just to download the current version and not allow you to run the program. I tried this as a work-around back in November but wasn't able to get FCP (7) to recognize the device.

You may have to concede to Media Express. It's straight forward enough that the extra step doesn't disrupt the workflow too much.

Good luck!
Chris