[Frameworks] Oxberry Master Series Animation stand (model 5442) assembly

Warren Cockerham warrencockerham at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 18:58:10 UTC 2014

Ruth (all):

Over here at Bennington College, ours is outfitted for 35mm and 16mm. It
also still has (what appears to be) a fully functioning stepper motor.
We're also hoping to outfit ours for a DSLR (or whatever future digital
cameras are best for stop motion) and I'm definitely hoping to make it an
interchangeable system. I've been reading about folks integrating homemade
step motors with Dragon Frame using Arduinos. I'd be interested to hear if
anyone has a fully functional Oxberry, with DSLR, and an integrated with
Dragon Frame. I'm much more excited about the film possibilities but I know
we'll need this to work digitally for practical purposes.

I'll probably try to visit USC when I'm in Los Angles in April. I also plan
to contact MassArt to look at theirs the next time I'm in Boston. When
Jodie Mack gets back to Dartmouth, I'll make the short trip over there too
to see what they've got. But I have a feeling this one is probably a bigger
model than Dartmouth and MassArt's -- I think MassArt has the Filmmaker
series rather than the double-pole master series that we have.

I'm sure there are some folks on this list that have worked with this exact
machine when it was at the Atlantic Filmmaker's Coop, We're still
assembling it (sort of blindly). I don't expect it to be fully functional
until the fall. If I don't figure it all out before the fiscal year rolls
over here this summer, we'll probably be looking to work with a technician
sometime in  late summer. DIY until then....

all the best,
Warren