[Frameworks] HOW TO USE WITHOUT A BOX TO SUBMIT FILMS

chris bravo iamdirect at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 15:15:07 UTC 2014

can we return to the WAB discussion for a moment? The settings you are
describing are essentially a moot point because the WAB video system
compresses whatever file you upload to a DISASTROUSLY crappy/tiny/offensive
video frame of, if I am remembering correctly 480x360. This coupled with
the service, overall, being extremely spammy, expensive, poorly designed,
ineffectual, especially for independent makers, turns me off to the entire
thing to the point where I won't apply to a festival if they require a WAB
entry and don't offer an alternative of at least a vimeo link send-in. I
understand that festivals need tools to help them manage data, etc. But WAB
seems like the worst possible solution.

Are there more filmmaker friendly tools or projects out there to help with
this problem? Do people know how we got so hooked on WAB hegemony?