[Frameworks] Call for Submissions: LIFT International Artist Residencies 2014/2015

director at lift.on.ca director at lift.on.ca
Wed Feb 19 22:57:41 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We've opened our call for the next artist in residences at LIFT in
Toronto. We just said goodbye to Pablo Marin, our latest resident, who
spent a month making a beautiful 16mm film. We also supported Steve
Cossman and Julie Murray this year and look forward to hosting Juan David
Gonzolez Monroy and Anja Dornieden next month! Richard Tuohy also joined
us last March! So, please apply and join us in Toronto.

More info:

The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT) is seeking
applications from international (non-Canadian) artists for 4–6 week
individual production residencies to take place between September 2014 and
August 2015. LIFT is an artist-run production and educational media arts
organization dedicated to celebrating excellence in the moving image. We
support a wide range of production formats including Regular 8mm, Super
8mm, 16mm, Super 16mm, 35mm and HD; film and digital editing; optical
printers; contact printers; animation stands; a darkroom and more. Toronto
also offers a range of lab facilities, a large pool of experienced
technicians and talent, a vibrant film community and a dynamic arts
environment.

LIFT's residency program focuses on the production of film-based works
with equipment and facilities to which the artist would not have access in
their local region. Artists are expected to be at an established point in
their practice (although not necessarily working predominantly with film).
Applicants must also consider what they would bring to Toronto in terms of
community collaboration, teaching, artist talks and/or presentation
activities—these engagements are a critical part of each residency offered
by LIFT.

The maximum cash funding for projects is $3,000 (CAD) for travel,
accommodation and per diems. Equipment and facilities will be provided by
LIFT to a maximum of $3,000 (CAD), LIFT equipment rates can be found at
www.lift.ca. The artist is responsible for the costs of all film stock,
chemicals, lab fees and other expendables.  The funding for this project
is dependent on grants that LIFT applies for after residents are selected.

Submissions must be received no later than Tuesday, April 1, 2014.

Complete info online:

http://lift.ca/programming/call-submissions-international-artist-residencies-20142015

best,
Chris

--
Chris Kennedy - Executive Director

Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto (LIFT)
1137 Dupont Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6H 2A3
Tel:  416.588.6444 ext. 223
Fax:  416.588.7017
Web:  www.lift.ca

Charitable # 125986406RR0001