[Frameworks] Films/Videos looking at concepts of work

Gene Youngblood atopia at comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 15:12:03 UTC 2014

“Modern Times”-style factory scenes in narrative films are endless and not relevant to this query, but I’ll take the opportunity to remember the marvelous sausage factory scene with Bulle Ogier in Alain Tanner’s “La Salamandre” (1971). An entirely different spin,  again not relevant here, is the factory sequence at the beginning of “Saturday Night and Sunday Morning” (1960), with Albert Finney and the rat.