[Frameworks] Brooklyn, NY equipment trade? Two projectors...

Chris G spydir at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 20:57:52 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Sorry if this type of solicitation is not allowed on the list, but I have
two projectors that I do not need that I am seeking trade.

What I have:
- Bolex 18-5 REGULAR 8mm Projector (can run at 18fps, 5fps & reverse)
Seems to be in good order with all belts operating, the lamp works and
forward 18fps, 5fps + lit verse operation all seem functional. Only concern
is that the AC cable should be repaired/replaced, but works as is and would
be a very quick fix. I have not tested this with film since I shoot super 8
(not reg 8mm), but the take up and feed reels move as they should. Comes
with an original white (pleather?) case and take up reel. The projector is
very clean, case is so-so.

- Bell and Howell 16mm 2585
NON FUNCTIONAL as this has the ever-so-common broken worm gear. It is also
missing the side cover (for the projection side, not the internal bits) and
is a bit dusty. The lamp operates as well as the take up and feed arms.
Valuable to someone who is versed in the worm-gear replacement/general
overhaul (Urbanski seems to list their new version of the part on eBay
quite frequently) or wants a projector for film melting performances.

What I need:
Mostly importantly any working 16mm projector, but would also be interested
in a decent pair of long-shaft 16mm rewinds.

E-mail me off-list if you're interested in a trade or have questions or
want photos/video of the projectors. I'm in ZIP code 11221 off of the J/M/Z
and L. Would prefer to deal locally.

Thanks!
Chris