[Frameworks] eiki projectors

Jorge Lorenzo Flores Garza jorgelorenzo at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 31 16:59:57 UTC 2014

I have used both EIKI NT2 and SNT-2 for loops and they work pretty
good.  The NT2 I think might be sturdier than the SNT-2 (maybe for
longer loops or for longer displays).  My NT2 is modified (I don't know
why, I bought it like that) and you have to load it by hand.  Another
thing on the Eikis is that when you cut the leader to load it
automatically, the cut is round on the edges of the film strip and that
might mess up the endless aspect of a loop.  In that case, I recommend
I have also used ELMO 16-CL which are really good and soft for loops.  And I used another Elmo which I never remember the model but I am sending a picture.  This one is loaded manually and it is really strong.  I used it in an installation that lasted a month.  It was all connected to a motion detector so the loop wasn't going on 24/7 of course.  But it worked really well and after a month the film had minor damage.
Now, when I am saying I used this equipment, I mean I used 100ft rolls.  For larger rolls you have to consider the kind of looper too.  For example, I know Pageant projectors are really good with certain loopers, but I couldn't give much info on that.

Best,

Jorge L.