[Frameworks] Support Microscope's screening and event series - only 12 more days.

LBurchill elle.burchill at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 23:02:14 UTC 2014

Hi Frameworks,

We hope you'll take a moment to review our current crowdfunding campaign at
www.igg.me/at/microscope,
International contributions are welcome and if you live in the US they are
tax-deductible (we also have many great gifts). Any amount is greatly
appreciated.

We have been posting many of our screenings on Frameworks since we opened
in the autumn of 2010 and many of you are among our regular audience
members.

Briefly, for those unfamiliar, Microscope is located in Bushwick, Brooklyn
NY, and has been running a Weekly Event Series featuring primarily
experimental film/video works by living artist - from emerging to pioneers
- usually through solo shows. Since we opened we have held more than 250
events on site, as well as presented events off-site such as premiering new
prints by Jack Smith that had been put into distribution at the
Film-makers' Coop and "now what" and "now what 2", an opening call
screening and expanded cinema event.

We have been operating out of our current 420 square foot space, which we
have considered as the absolute minimum size. Despite loving our intimate
space, it was never our intention to remain so small. And now that our
lease is almost up and being raised a ridiculous amount, we're on the move.
Our new space is 2000 square feet and will require a lot of work, including
upgrading all of our equipment for a larger space.
We need to raise $16K to do so.

For further information we urge you to watch the campaign video, where you
can see excerpts from many of the shows we've held, including shows with Su
Friedrich, Takhiko Iimura, Jonas Mekas, Ken Jacobs, Bradley Eros, Peggy
Ahwesh, Joel Schlemowitz, Sarah Halpern, Andrew Lampert, etc etc.

Thanks very much. And also, your help in spreading the word is greatly
appreciated. And if you live in New York, we're on a push to break $5k by
Sunday 7/20 at midnight and if we do we'll throw a Cake Party Monday for
all contributors to date.

Elle Burchill & Andrea Monti