[Frameworks] The Hand-Processing Chemistry Scheme.

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 23 04:35:45 UTC 2014

Generally I've always found 400ft of 16mm per 2 litres of developer is a good ballpark number that hasn't let me down.

On Monday, July 21, 2014 8:20:59 PM, ben russell <br at dimeshow.com> wrote:

Frameworkers,

Hello hello from New Hampshire!  I'm putting together a short-term darkroom set-up and wanted to make use of your hive mind to double-check my somewhat creaky hand-processing techniques, with particular regard to B/W reversal and negative chemistry.

I'm planning (along with a few other humans) to process around 3,000'
(1,500' of which would be reversal) of Hi-Con and Orwo UN54 and need some chemistry recommendations.  Could you recommend a mix of
materials for this quantity?  I'm talking D-19, Rapid Fixer, Hypo,
Wetting Agent, Bleach...

It seems like the main options are Photographer's Formulary, which is fine by me, but I'm unclear as to how much chemistry I need for what will effectively be 30 rolls. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

BR