[Frameworks] Film-Video Transfer: DIY Super 8 telecine, Costco, and the Pros

Charles Chadwick infiltration834 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 04:07:33 UTC 2014

Re: someone's mention of yesvideo... do yourself a favor and don't send your work there. I used to work there, so some insider info. Film is cleaned without actual cleaner, film is constantly scratched by going through poorly maintained projectors, and once film is transferred, a team of editors cover up the transfer technicians' mistakes by literally editing them out... If there's a hair for 10 seconds, they'll simply cut it out of the video and leave you with your original footage missing on the dvd they overcharge you for. Plus, their cracked out mpeg2 encoding makes their dvd's look like youtube videos. Avoid crappy consumer labs like this one like the plague...just thought i'd pipe in

-charles

____
:charles:chadwick:
:artist:filmmaker: