[Frameworks] Sleazeball attacks on avant-garde film

Chuck Kleinhans chuckkle at northwestern.edu
Sun Jun 1 02:07:20 UTC 2014

On May 31, 2014, at 6:24 PM, Jonathan Walley <walleyj at denison.edu<mailto:walleyj at denison.edu>> wrote:

Okay, here it is: "In the Year of Our Ford." Fred was right - the article I cut-and-pasted earlier is nothing compared to this one. It is truly sickening. Why TIME would choose to go on the rampage against handful of avant-garde filmmakers getting small grants at a moment when MUCH "weirder" stuff was getting much more widespread media attention (and $$) is beyond me.

Although Time had unsigned articles back then, you could often determine the reviewer/writer by looking on the masthead staff list.

Chuck Kleinhans