[Frameworks] Advice on S8 black screen

Esperanza Collado esperanzacollado1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 11:13:34 UTC 2014

Dear frameworkers,

A friend wants to have some black inserts in his Super-8 films, but he
doesn't want an opaque black nor to block light completely, which I presume
would be what you get from black leader on acetate. Am I right recommending
polyester base black leader, or do you think he will get a more delicate
texture, letting light go through slightly, if he actually shoots with the
camera set at a small aperture?

However, we can't find polyester base black leader on Super-8 format in the
usual shops in Europe. Is this item not so common perhaps?

Thank you for your advice,

--
Esperanza Collado

--