[Frameworks] question about fees for permission to use material: an update

nicky.hamlyn nicky.hamlyn at talktalk.net
Thu Mar 6 20:38:31 UTC 2014

Always the way. 'Necessity' etcŠ

From:  Caryn Cline <carynycline at gmail.com>
Date:  Thu, 6 Mar 2014 11:23:46 -0800
To:  Experimental Film Discussion List <frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com>
Subject:  Re: [Frameworks] question about fees for permission to use
material: an update

Hello everyone,

After some consideration about whether to pay for permission to use as
narration an essay from the NY Times, I decided to dig deeper, do more
research, and write my own narration.  In doing more research, I discovered
aspects of the situation I had not known about before. that were not covered
in the inspirational essay, and I'm incorporating those into my film.

Best,

CC