[Frameworks] Video Projectors, Loops, Thumbdrives

Mark Street mstreet430 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 16:06:03 UTC 2014

Hey Sisters and Brothers,
I'm installing a three channel video installation now, and have forgotten
all I once knew about getting projectors to loop images.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

In the past, I had a hard time determining which projectors would accept
which thumbdrives, and which files... I want three fairly short loops to
play continuously..... But some thumbdrives work, some FILES work (and more
importantly, some don't) and I ended up chasing my tail.  At present I'm
just using DVD players.

I'm remembering now:  I had to convert my short loops to MPEG1 in order for
the projector to read them, but when I did so the compression was awful, so
better from a DVD

all best,
Mark Street
www.markstreetfilms.com