[Frameworks] banned films

Janis Crystal Lipzin jlipzin at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 14:35:24 UTC 2014

James Broughton's work was banned in St. Louis in the
80s. He was set to have a show at the St. Louis Art Museum and when the director of the
museum discovered that James' films had been selected by the curator he
yanked the whole show! I remember a quote or something very like
"art is one thing but sex I can't handle." So James used "Banned In St Louis" in publicity after that :-)  Apparently a successful show was put on privately. I can't recall the exact films.