[Frameworks] Infrared Film in Experimental Cinema

Nicholas Kovats nkovats at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:54:01 UTC 2014

Ryan,

An outstanding current example is filmmaker/photographer Richard
Mosse's film called "The Enclave" shot on 16mm Kodak Aerochrome color
infra-red film from the war ravaged Eastern Congo. Shot on the last
Super 16mm camera manufactured, the Arriflex 416, i.e.

http://nofilmschool.com/2013/06/infrared-cinematography-documentary-the-enclave/
http://www.richardmosse.com/works/the-enclave/

Richard Mosse's infrared 16mm supplier is a German gentleman named
Dean (http://www.tarquinius.de/). As of Feb. 28, 2014 he is still
selling his 400ft rolls of 16mm Aerochrome from 2011 at $800 US a pop.
Check out my correspondence from last fall.

Cheers,

Nicholas