[Frameworks] Cinematograph - Window/Frame - 4 May

Ben Pritchard mrbenpritchard at googlemail.com
Sat May 3 14:06:27 UTC 2014

  WINDOW/FRAME
4 May
The Duke of Wellington, N1 4BL

A collection of films selected by Amy Dickson and Jamie Jenkinson.

Working to the idea of a frame, a window, a ratio; the screening will
explore various ways these have been appropriated through the fixed frame
of single screen film and video. Whether physical, conceptual or
metaphorical, we will select pieces by contemporary and past makers that
address the issue of the frame within the work.

Programme:

Amy Dickson - Window 2, 10mins (2011)
Nicky Hamlyn – Second Toronto Film, 3min (2007)
Jamie Jenkinson - Plants on Windowsill I & II, 3mins (2012/14)
Deniz Öner-Johns - Reflections, 3mins (2014)
Kurt Kren - 5/62: Fenstergucker, Abfall, etc., 5mins (1962)
Simon Payne – Point Line Plane, 8mins (2010)
Józef Robakowski – Nearer Further, 4mins (1985)
John Smith – Worst Case Scenario, 18mins (2001-2003)

Amy Dickson and Jamie Jenkinson are both artists working and living in
London.

8pm start. Free entry. The Duke of Wellington, N1 4BL.

Cinematographfilmclub.tumblr.com