[Frameworks] Martin Arnold Animated Gifs

LJ Frezza ljfrezza at gmail.com
Fri May 9 18:17:30 UTC 2014

Ha, I didn't realize the text on that page was in fact a couple of links.

So, I do think that the alienating effect of the original pieces, based
primarily on the repetition and how it plays against our expectations
(based on the narrative conventions of the original work), is kind of lost
since the gif is a medium of repetition. In this sense, they resemble most
gifs adapted from motions picture media.
The fact that this alienating effect is "bypassed" in this way, though, is
very interesting and in that sense I think these gifs are an incredibly
interesting commentary on the importance of medium and the conventions that
surround each medium in a culture.
-LJ

--
LJFREZZA at GMAIL.COM / 904.762.8300