[Frameworks] Film Festivals in General.

Dominic Angerame dominic.angerame at gmail.com
Wed May 28 23:16:35 UTC 2014

Now tell me something I do not know. I a know of someone who was asked to
enter the Ann Arbor one year without entry fee and guess what this fm won
the top award. I wrote something nasty to the Festival about never even
receiving a rejection letter, and now they no longer communicate with me.

The article does not show any way of alternatives, just suggests how one
can play the FF game run by the organizer's rule. Such as films being no
older than two years. Try and promote a film with that period I would
recommend to festival organizers. It is virtually impossible. One of my
films Anaconda Targets was shown in every festival I sent it to without
exception. I had to have someone come in a volunteer to work as an intern
to correspond, send the work, and make arrangements and in two years we
could enter all the festivals. Let alone make any money at it.

I think the paradigms for film festivals needs to be ended. There is
absolutely nothing in it for the filmmakers except instant ego
satisfication if you can afford to attend the festivals. Suppose they gave
a film festival and no filmmakers entered. Think of it. That is pretty much
what I am doing.

Dominic

Dominic