[Frameworks] Film Festivals in General.

Michael Betancourt hinterland.movies at gmail.com
Sat May 31 01:36:16 UTC 2014

I have ignored the festival circuit (and the ego gratification that comes
with being at screenings of my own work) for most of my time making movies.
I have no idea if this has helped me or simply hindered my ability to make
connections with other, like minded film makers. There is a community
aspect that comes from meeting other film makers that is not readily
reproduced outside of these events. I can see how it could be very
important to someone just starting out, having these connections meeting
like-minded people. I generally have more fun when I'm not showing work for
exactly that reason.

Michael Betancourt
Savannah, GA USA

michaelbetancourt.com
twitter.com/cinegraphic | vimeo.com/cinegraphic
www.cinegraphic.net | the avant-garde film & video blog