[Frameworks] Fwd: Our Souls Are Palestinian / Crawford Art Gallery / Saturday 15th / 2pm

Experimental Film Club experimentalfilmclub at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:10:04 UTC 2014

To those of you who will be in Cork this weekend for the festival, I hope
that you can make this very unique screening of artists films about
Palestine,

Aoife

                                       *Our Souls are Palestinian*

Saturday 15th November | 1400 | Free and Unticketed | Crawford Art Gallery

This programme of short artist’s film works looks at Palestine from various
perspectives – external, embedded and provocative. Each of the filmmakers
go beyond mainstream media representations of Palestine to interrogate the
emotional and political landscape through uncanny juxtaposition of image
and text. This screening will be followed by a panel discussion about film
media and the current situation in Palestine including Laurence Davis (Dept
of Government UCC), Rola Abu Zeid O’Neill (Dept of Sociology UCC), Harry
Browne (School of Media DIT) and Francesco Mattuzzi (co-director of Future
Archaeology). Curated and chaired by artist/filmmaker Aoife Desmond.

Short Films Screening:

*They Do Not Exist (Laysa Iahum Wigid) *
Shooting under extraordinary conditions, the director, who worked with
Godard on his Ici et ​Ailleurs (Here and Elsewhere), and founded the PLO’s
film division, covers conditions in Lebanon’s refugee camps, the effects of
Israeli bombardments, and the lives of guerrillas in training camps.

*The Story of Milk and Honey​*The Story of Milk and Honey is a short
experimental video belonging to a larger project, which includes
photographs, drawings and text, detailing an un-named individual’s failure
to write a love story.

*Story of I and Other Suggestive Landscapes*

*​*“Story of I and other Suggestive Landscapes” is about journey that I
used to make on regular basis, from 2011to 2013 between: Ramallah and
Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.

*Dirty Pictures (Hotel Diaries #7)*

*​*Moving from one hotel in Bethlehem to another in East Jerusalem, the
filmmaker encounters a series of problems involving a ceiling, a video
camera and the Israeli occupation of Palestine.

*Future Archeology*

*​*The project of a 3D [stereoscopic] film by Armin Linke and Francesco
Mattuzzi, completed with the visual effects created by Francesco Siddi,
refers to the 19th century invention of the stereoscopic technology, that
was developed exactly for archaeological and military purposes.

--
experimentalfilmclub.blogspot.com