[Frameworks] Echo Park Film Center - Good things come in THREES!

Paolo Davanzo info at echoparkfilmcenter.org
Fri Nov 14 16:34:21 UTC 2014

Dear Frameworkers and extended experimental film family,

We are writing from the Echo Park Film Center in Los Angeles to send our love and alert you all to three wonderful and exciting things happening in the next few weeks at EPFC. For those unfamiliar with our organization, we are a media arts center located in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angeles since 2001. We basically do 5 things: Screen experimental and documentary films and videos in our 60-seat microcinema.Teach free and low-cost film and video classes. Run an equipment rental co-op and retail store. Operate a traveling film school and cinema known as the EPFC Filmmobile. And host local and international artist residency programs.

Here are the THREE things we want to share with you all!

LA AIR ( Los Angeles Artist-in-Residency Program) - CALL FOR APPLICATIONS

In addition to our International Artist Residency we offer ever August (see website for details), We invite local artists to utilize EPFC resources in creating and premiering new, experimental, documentary, and personal work over a two-month period. We especially encourage applications from artists interested in engaging with EPFC's areas of specialty: small gauge film, progressive politics & community activism, alternative and handmade photochemical processes, local histories, multidisciplinary work, and expanded cinema. Additionally, we encourage artists to engage with the greater EPFC community during the course of their residency. Previous artists-in-residence have included public workshops, curatorial programs, multi-media collaborations, class visits as part of their residency.
Artists are provided with a modest materials stipend in addition to equipment access, technical and creative support, and work/exhibition space at EPFC's 900 square foot storefront in the Alvarado Arts Building at the corner of Alvarado and Sunset. LA AIR artists will present their completed work at a free public screening in the EPFC microcinema on the last Thursday of their residency cycle. LA AIR projects will be compiled and released as a limited edition set each year.

EPFC’s LA AIR program is open to artists of all ages and backgrounds who are living in the Los Angeles area, that are not currently enrolled in a degree program. Applications are due no later than 5 PM on Saturday, November 15. Each application must include a brief description of the proposed project to be started and completed during the residency period, along with any workshops or community engagement ideas, on a single page. We also require links to view past work online, complete works are much preferred over excerpts. Additional information such as CVs, resumes, bios, etc are helpful if you have them. Artists chosen for the LA AIR program will be announced at our December 6th New Works Salon Marathon event!

FILM & VIDEO RUMMAGE SALE - Sunday, December 14th 2014!

We are rapidly approaching our annual FILM & VIDEO RUMMAGE SALE. It is a day long barn burner where we pass off cinematic treasures to our community at wonderful rates. This year we will have Super 8, 8mm & 16mm Cameras, Projectors, Editors and parts. Computers. DVDs. Books. Video Gear. Film Prints (all formats). 16mm Moviola. Magazines. Old FIlm Stock (all formats). Laser DIscs. Records. Tripods. Light Kits. And many other jewels and gems. Tell all your LA friends about it. 1200 N. Alvarado Street Los Angeles, CA 90026 (Sunday, December 14 from 10AM - 4PM)

INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN

We took the plunge and have launched our first ever indiegogo crowdfunding campaign. After 13 years.....we are beginning to show the signs of our age and are looking to buy new gear for community classes and workshops and update our website. If you believe in the power and beauty of community cinema to change lives then please make a donation.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/celebrate-13-years-of-community-cinema-with-epfc/x/7563939

Be well and thanks,

Echo Park FIlm Center