[Frameworks] Arnulf Rainer - historical detail

Esperanza Collado esperanzacollado1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 22:42:19 UTC 2014

I know ive read about this before! There was a whole story behind it, but i
should delve into my files to find the reference. Think
Kubelka first displayed the filmstrips that way at AFA. Almost 100% sure of
that... Let us know if you still need that reference after contacting The
Man :-)

Did you check 'Theory of Metrical Film'?

Good luck, Jonathan.

On Friday, November 14, 2014, Jonathan Walley <walleyj at denison.edu> wrote:

> Good point. Does anyone have his contact info (off list)?
> Meantime, if anyone knows the answer, I’d still love to hear it.
> JW
>
> On Nov 14, 2014, at 11:28 AM, Ingo Petzke <ingo at petzke.biz
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ingo at petzke.biz');>> wrote:
>
>  Why don't you ask Kubelka himself?
>

>  Am 14.11.2014 16:50, schrieb Jonathan Walley:
>
> Hello Frameworkers,
>
>  I’ve been trying to determine when Peter Kubelka first displayed *Arnulf
> Rainer* as rows of filmstrips on a wall. He completed the film in 1960,
> but I have not been able to find a definitive statement of when he decided
> to display the strip directly. I think it was at the same time (1960), but
> can anyone verify this?
>
>  Thanks everyone,
> Jonathan
>
>  Dr. Jonathan Walley