[Frameworks] tableau vivante : experimental film and single frames

Andy Ditzler andy at andyditzler.com
Thu Oct 9 04:10:59 UTC 2014

If I understand the question correctly, much of Jack Smith's work would
apply; I would highlight Normal Love and No President in particular.

Some of the Actionist films of Otto Muehl/Kurt Kren also come to mind:
perhaps Cosinus Alpha, Zock Exercises, and O Christmas Tree.

Andy Ditzler

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Rebekka Erin Moran <rebekka.moran at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am researching a project of the use of the Tableau Vivant in
> experimental or avant-garde filmmaking (history, theory, etc).
> I am particularly interested in any examples of filmmakers that were
> investigating the tableau vivant as a reference to a film frame and not to
> a painting.
> Also any sub themes that may relate to tableau vivant as a durational film
> frame or living freeze frame, or a tableau vivant as a non-active
> scene/image shot stop motion or frame by frame (in camera or optical
> printed).
>
> Any suggestions for readings or names would be greatly appreciated!
>
> best,
> Rebekka
>

> Rebekka Moran
>
> rebekka.moran at gmail.com
> http://www.rebekkamoran.com
> tel:  +345 849 5978

Andy Ditzler
www.filmlove.org
www.johnq.org
Graduate Institute of the Liberal Arts, Emory University