[Frameworks] Trying to Remember

Marina Uzunova projectionists at caboosebooks.net
Thu Sep 11 15:13:42 UTC 2014

I can't recall which ones but I think a number of tales by the Grimm
Borthers have a young poor, usually considered ugly, brother or peasant
save the day. Here's another one that might be relevant:

There is an unauthored fable with numerous variations across the Balkans
that tells of a kingdom of young people who had decided to get rid of all
old people, except for one son who hides his father. The father eventually
saves the kingdom - through wisdom - by figuring out how to combat a
monster or overcome a drought, or other challenges. Here's a version
attributed to Romanian folklore:

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/type0981.html#romania

An almost analogous one exists in Bulgaria where the old man's answer is to
dig up all the ant-hills in the kingdom where numerous corn grains are
being carefully stored.