[Frameworks] CAPTURING DVD

nicky.hamlyn at talktalk.net nicky.hamlyn at talktalk.net
Sat Sep 13 16:24:23 UTC 2014

If you want to capture footage from a DVD you can insert a DVD into the disc drive of your machine (I'm assuming MAC), wait for the DVD player to start then stop the disc playing and  close DVD player. Then in FCP you go: File-import-files then go to the DVD folder on your desktop. Inside there are two folders called Audio_TS and Video_TS. Open the folder and import the individual files from there into FCP (some of these will be title sequences and copyright warnings etc). You have to render them in FCP before they're playable.

Nicky.